Connect with people in the everyday moments with Stories ads
Now you can include Facebook Stories as an additional placement to News Feed or Instagram Stories ad campaigns, delivering your message in a full-screen, immersive environment.
Facebook is also extending the reach and improving upon the performance of your stories ad campaigns in Messenger, and who knows Stories ads may come up in WhatsApp as well.
Facebook Stories ads support every objective that’s currently available for Instagram Stories ads, including reach, brand awareness, video views, app install, conversion, traffic and lead generation.
Time to harness the power of Stories is now
- Stories also match how people are already interacting with their phones,
- People hold their phones vertically about 90 per cent of the time; and
- Stories are optimised for a vertical, full-screen view that feels natural and allows people to enjoy videos and photos quickly.
- Facebook’s full suite of targeting and measurement capabilities is also available for stories ads across platforms.
According to the social network Facebook, advertising in stories has proven to drive valuable business outcomes.
What makes Stories ads work for businesses
- Stories increases customer interest
- Stories inspire action
- Stories are fast, authentic and helpful
- Stories delight people in new ways
In a Facebook-commissioned survey, conducted by global market research and a consulting firm Ipsos, 62 per cent of people said they became more interested in a brand or product after seeing it in a story.
And brands testing Facebook Stories ads are already seeing results.
The rise of Stories
400 million Instagram accounts use Instagram Stories every day. And businesses are using Stories ads for a range of objectives.
More space, fewer distractions
Stories make full use of the mobile screen, offering businesses a beautiful, distraction-less canvas.
- They’re immersive: Stories enable people to experience new things outside their everyday lives
- They’re authentic: People say that Stories help them feel closer and more up to date with friends
- They’re inclusive: People say that Stories make them feel part of a larger community
- They’re hard to get enough of: People say that they plan to use Stories even more in the future than they do today
Advertisers like KFC say they have seen brand lift from their Facebook Stories ad campaigns, and for performance marketers, stories ads can also inspire people to take action.
1/3 of the most viewed Instagram Stories are from businesses. No wonder, more than half of people surveyed said they’re making more online purchases as a result of seeing stories.
In addition, 38 per cent of people said that after seeing a product or service in a story they talked to someone about it, and 34 per cent said they went to a store to look for it.
Originally, people used Facebook to share real-time updates, but today, they tend to share bigger moments. With Facebook Stories, people have a place to show and express more of life’s moments as they happen, not just the highlights they post on News Feed.
Stories are where people share and discover content they care about in fast and fun ways. And the use of stories across platforms is growing everywhere.
Instagram Stories ads were introduced in 2017 and since then advertisers have embraced the format, creating engaging ads for people. Culture and commerce are intertwined on this platform, making it a great place for people to connect with brands and take action.
More than 300 million people use Facebook Stories and Messenger Stories every day. And to help businesses reach more people, Facebook has made its Stories ads available to all advertisers around the world.