Old bed times stories by grandmother always told us about all the seasons and each having its own time period.
Due to global warming that we’re seeing now, there is tremendous rise in temperature which has affected everything especially the seasons. As a result, the summer season here is now observed for good 6 to 8 months. This kind of weather brings along the craving to try something cold and refreshing, and when it comes to choosing what to give to the children at home, we always look out for the healthier and delicious options.
At your home you may keep referring to various interesting combinations adding to the taste and nutrition quotient and Kulfi can be one of them. It is basically a dessert made out of milk and cottage cheese and is high in nutrition too. So let’s make this simple and delectable dessert – Kulfi.
- Course: Dessert
- Preparation time: 10 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Servings: 5–6 persons
- 1 kg of milk
- 400 gm khoa
- 250 gm cottage cheese
- 250 gm sugar (quantity can vary as per your taste)
- 1 small spoon of cardamom powder
- 1 pinch of saffron
- Favourite dry fruits such as almonds, raisins, cashews and pistachios for garnishing
- Take milk in a big container and keep it on low flame for about 20 minutes, then add 400 grams of khoa in it.
- Now add 250 gm of finely grated cottage cheese, then mix it well and let it cook.
- Now add to it the saffron and cardamom powder, also add your favourite dry fruits. (Avoid adding raisins at this step; you may add it once the mixture is cooked and is almost ready.)
- Now take the mixture off the flame and let it cool down to the normal temperature.
- You may now add raisins and mix it well.
- Now take kulfi moulds or the container you wish to keep the kulfi mixture in and shift it to the freezer for 5-6 hours.
Once the kulfi mixture is well frozen and ready to serve, garnish it with more dry fruits before serving.
This is a very healthy and delicious dessert which can be easily made at home and is perfect for any season.